Sunday, March 20, 2011

You Keep Coming Back Like a Song

So I'm going to try to come back to this whole blogging-thing. The blog-related hangups I mentioned in my very first post (why would anybody want to read this?) along with job changes and just that whole grown-up-person-life-thing combined to keep me from posting for the last 5 months. But I'm back now and I'm going to try to 1.) Say interesting things and 2.) Not disappear for another 5 months.

What's been happening...

  • I quit my job at the school library and was hired as a (temporary) youth services library associate with the public library. This is better than the school job in some ways and worse in others...at the end of the day I miss my job in Chicago so much some times I want to scream and cry in frustration and sadness.
  • I thought that my childhood (moving every couple of years) would have me well-prepared for the difficulties associated with being the "new kid" as an adult. I was wrong. More on that in later posts.
  • We've been talking about taking this trip for years now and it's finally happening: we're going to Italy for ten days at the end of April. I'm looking forward to Tuscan hill towns, cobblestone streets, museums and lots and lots of Chianti.
The first three months of 2011 have been exciting. After spending Christmas with my family we rang-in the New Year in the Emergency Room so I could get my appendix removed (it was, of course, one of the few NYE holidays when Adam was NOT scheduled to be at the hospital), we followed up with a 10-day cruise and then went back to work. (Note to all: Always recover from surgery on a cruise ship. Especially when it's cold at home and you're cruising to a warm locale.) The remainder of January and February went by in a work-eat-sleep-repeat-blur and now we're knee-deep in March Madness and I got to watch UNC defeat Washington today with three of my favorite alums! Go Heels!

Now I'll leave you with you a promise to return soon.
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging :) Can't wait to Keep up with the Kuykendals :)

    ReplyDelete