Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's gray, rainy, windy and cold today. I'd planned to take some photos this week to post of Chapel Hill in the spring (the azaleas around the Old Well, the flowering Japanese Magnolias in Coker Arboretum, Silent Sam amid the greenery) but our beautiful spring weather has been usurped by a cold front that doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon.

Rainy days always make me want to stay in bed. I want to pull the covers up and hide from the day with a book and a cup of tea. I love rainy nights, I love falling asleep listening to the rain on my roof and that damp, almost electric smell in the evening when you know a storm is rolling in. Rainy days make me want to go back to sleep and start over tomorrow.

What about you? Are you pro- or anti-rainy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment