Sunday, July 25, 2010

Like a Virgin

So here it is--my first blog entry. Much to Adam's chagrin, I'm dipping my toe into this whole-blogging-thing. Inspired by Jamie, Maya and Erin and spurred on by my recent move back to NC and all the changes that have ensued I thought I'd share some of my thoughts and experiences with anyone out there who wishes to read them. My hope is that I'll be able to use this blog to communicate what's going on in my life with my rather far-flung friends and family. It seems the older I get, the more spread-out my favorite people tend to be.

I feel somewhat conflicted about blogging in general and my blog in particular. While I know how much I enjoy reading about what's going on in my friends lives, what news items they find noteworthy, what fabulous restaurants they're trying, etc. and I also enjoy reading blogs by people I don't know (though those do tend to be more subject-specific) I definitely feel a hesitancy about posting my own thoughts out there for anyone to read. Part of it is borne out of my own desire for privacy but I think my bigger hang-up is the question, "Who the hell CARES what I have to say about anything?" I think blogging will be something of an experiment for me...at least for a while. We'll have to see if I can overcome my hangups about this particular medium. I thank you in advance for sticking with me while I figure it all out.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to digital crack! Love the blog title and can't wait to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog title too! Can't wait to add you to my Google Reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read on!

    ReplyDelete