Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wrapped Up In Books

Since returning to NC I've visited my favorite used bookstore about a dozen times (which is no small feat considering I've only been back since June).

While I lived in Chicago the shop changed owners resulting in a smaller space (the storefront next door is now a bar) but I think the new owners are utilizing the space in a way that makes it much more navigable. So, while I can still spend hours browsing these shelves, now I find what I'm looking for much more quickly. The downside is that since I can zero-in on my desired section within a few minutes of walking into the shop, it results in me spending more money. (The time I used to spend trying to find what I was looking for is now spent discovering things I didn't even know that I was looking for!) So far this has resulted in a lot more Lincoln books being brought home then is probably advisable. (Just when Adam thinks that there can't possibly be another book about Lincoln for me to read I bring home another pile from the library or a book store. I keep trying to explain that this isn't a subject I'll ever really exhaust but so far he's not buying it.)

In other news, I spent waaaaay more time yesterday than I thought was possible trying to get a stupid health form signed so I can start my new job. One trip to student health, two trips to two separate urgent cares and four hours later the form is still not signed. Life is funny sometimes. I'm still not sure what my actual start-date will be but I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks for all the birthday wishes!! I'll put up a separate birthday post (complete with a few photos from Beth's wedding this weekend) later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment