Saturday, August 7, 2010

9 To 5

OH! I forgot: I got a job! I'm the new school media assistant at an elementary school in Durham. I'm excited but at the same time I feel a bit conflicted. I'm happy to have found a job in my field in this economy. However, I'm overqualified for the position and it is part-time. I'm worried that I'm not working as hard as I should be...but I'm intrigued to try a new library environment. I think after spending a year in this job (assuming I like working in a school library) I'll continue in the job for a second year and go back to school to take the remaining coursework I need to get my school media certification. (I need to live in NC for one year in order to qualify for in-state tuition.)

I don't yet know my start date but I have high hopes...we'll see how it all turns out!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ABOUT THIS! It was so nice chatting with you over the weekend. Very exciting, rock star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Leslee! I love the blog. : ) Miss you guys!

    ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete