Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Manic Monday


Yesterday was a little insane. Ever since leaving Chicago (and even before we officially moved) I've been job-hunting. It seems like every time the economy hits a pothole (or in this case, drives off a cliff) I'm standing there in the path of destruction waving my resume like a white flag. So once again I'm job-hunting. I try to approach it like the hunt itself is a job, I spend two hours every morning applying for new positions and trying to follow-up on others. However, after a few weeks (or months) of this, the pickings are pretty slim and most of my time is spent searching for something I can apply for. Not so yesterday. Several school librarian jobs and one school library assistant job opened up, I applied for each job and within five minute of hitting send my phone rang and I had an interview. Then the phone rang again and I had another interview. So then my Monday (which I'd planned to spend going to lunch and a movie with Adam) became an insane, excited rush to prepare for the interviews, call the state department of education to find out the process to get my school media certification, contacting my references, finding something to wear, etc.

Yesterday's interview (school library assistant) went well, I have an interview this afternoon for a school librarian job. I'm probably going back to school this fall to take the last couple classes I need to get my school media certification. A lot can change in one day. I'm excited and a little bit scared...I'll keep you updated as everything progresses.

4 comments:

  1. Hey you - shoot me over the list of schools you're applying at? I know the media coordinator out at J.F. Webb High School up in Creedmore very well, and Amy is in and out of literally -all- the high schools in the area. I can put you in touch with them both so you can get an idea of where the best places to work might be (and where you might want to avoid).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous, Leslee!! I'm so excited for you. You're such a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! I got your email on Sunday, I will call you tomorrow after I get off work (I open). Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete