Monday, September 13, 2010

I Don't Like Mondays

Long time no post! The last few weeks have been a bit busier then usual. The new job is going reasonably well, my parents came to visit and helped us do some serious house-work (taking down wallpaper, drywall repair, fixing settling cracks, etc.) and we took a Labor-Day-weekend trip to Lake Oconee which resulted in some much-needed down-time for Adam and lot's of playing with the nieces for me. I'll post some before and after pictures of our renovated bathroom later this week, it's not quite done yet but it already looks a LOT better.

Today was one of those mornings where I woke up and desperately didn't want to go to work. I feel incredibly silly saying this, I mean, come on--I work 4 hours!! It's like a paper-route!--but all I wanted was to keep the shades tightly drawn and pull the covers up over my head. It's tough to get into a Monday-frame-of-mind on most Mondays but today was especially tough because I'd had a really nice weekend. Lorene and Brett came to visit and we had a fantastic time together. Pizza at Bocci, brunch, walking the Tobacco Trail, watching Hot Tub Time Machine (which was surprisingly good) and dinner and live music in Raleigh...I wish they still lived in Durham. Sunday was spent the way most Sundays are during football season, at least when Adam's not working: Adam watching football on one couch, me reading on the other couch, the two of us talking during half-time. The only pall on the day was the Bengals loss (but I would think Adam would be used to that by now!!).

The leaves are beginning to change and fall has finally started to creep in on the everlasting summer here in NC. It seems like each time I step outside my door I can see a little bit more of fall and a little bit less of summer. Last week I met Erin for the first hot chocolate of the season. Now I'm looking forward to watching the leaves change on campus again.

1 comment: